Friday, July 20, 2012

Catch up

I must say I think I have had a pretty good, uneventful pregnancy. I found out I was pregnant at about 6 weeks along. First ultrasound went really well. It was pretty amazing to see him on the screen. It definitely made it much more of a reality. Even though he was only a tiny little peanut it was still breath-taking. 
The second Ultra-sound was called the First-Look. It was to check for signs of certain chromosomal abnormalities like Down Syndrome. I was very nervous going into this appointment but was relieved to hear everything looked great and he looked healthy.
The third ultrasound was the one most people are excited for. It was the ultrasound when you can find out the sex of your baby. We chose to find out the sex but not at the appointment. Easter was 3 weeks after this appointment. My aunt wrote up a nice card to send to the Easter bunny and have him tell us the sex of our baby. It was a great way to find out, surrounded by family. 
And the last ultrasound at 36 weeks. We found out our little man is about 7 pounds already, he is head down, and his head is slightly larger than average but not abnormal. Thanks to Tyler for the big head, his mom told me he had the biggest head out of her kids. Yay for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment