Thursday, July 19, 2012

Car Seat Installation

Let me start off by saying Tyler is 100% a mountain man. He may not have actually grown up or lived in the wild, but he might as well have. This may seem to have nothing to do with getting the car seat installed, but growing up he would make things out of other things. Tyler often came up with all these random contraptions of his own instead of spending money he didn’t have to spend. So when I told him about having to go to the Police Station to have them install the car seat he went off. He insisted he could do it himself. When I asked how he would go about that with no prior knowledge on the subject, his mountain man instinct came into full view. He started telling me about how he would take rock climbing rope and tie the base of the car seat into the structure of my car and somehow use all the seat belts. Thanks babe but I think I’d rather have an officer do it the correct way.

Once we got to the station, I was expecting some complex way of installing the seat. Well I was wrong; it was pretty much 2 clicks and some tightening then boom it was done. Looking back, I am pretty sure I could have done it myself. I think the ride to the station and back home was longer than the time it took to install. Now I know the officer who installed it very well and am very glad she installed it so I am 100% sure it is in there right and Ryder will be safe, but I think I wasted her time. She even said (in a joking matter) that it really is not that hard to do. She told me about an  MIT rocket scientist who came to her to fix what he did with the car seat. I was surprised to learn that he did pretty much exactly what Tyler said he wanted to do. Tyler is still not 100% convinced it is really necessary to go to a police station to have a car seat installed, but at least I know its done correctly. The car seat is ready to go for when our Little Man decides to make his big arrival into the world.

You can make a call to your local police or fire station and find out if they have a car seat service. Only those who have been certified in car seat installation know how to install your car seat the correct way.

http://www.babycenter.com/car-seat



Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment